This Old House, Glaser Edition

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bucketful of Tetanus

Bucketful of TetanusNearly Filled DumpsterYesterday, Tammy removed a bucket filled with rusty old nails. She couldn't lift it due to its weight and rusted out bottom. She tried shoveling, but invasive roots had knitted together the rusty nails. She wore gloves with thick rubber covering the palms to avoid being punctured and the risk of tetanus. Tammy spent about 1 1/2 man-hours removing most of the nails by hand in the steamy heat. The bucket measured two feet in diameter with at least a foot of nails! With all the junk in the house and yard, the dumpster Steve and Tammy rented is nearly full!

2 Comments:

  • I happened up on this blog- I am bookmarking because I love old houses! I also live in the Deep South, and I have been trying to convince my contractor husband that we need a certain Edwardian on the other side of town. He, however, prefers something he won't have to work on. Good luck with it all!

    By Blogger Rootietoot, at 3:13 PM  

  • Thank you for bookmarking our site. You can live vicariously through our trials and tribulations and not have to deal with the messes and setbacks! I saw in your profile you are a fellow Jane Austen fan! Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites too!

    By Blogger walking, at 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home